From: Nathan ViswaNathan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2003 11:48 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Where can I get info on groups like sys, adm? i.e what these
groups can do?

It'll be interesting to see if someone really knows but I always assumed
that part of what made root root was the inclusion in all these groups.
I know that uid 0 has additional power in many programs but I thought
that the ability to write to certain devices without prompting came from
the group memberships.

Bret