What version of RH are you using? You have to load module for USB on most linux releases earlier than 8.0. Some of the module are available. Others you have to down load.

If you get the me version I might be able to get you more info.

BobB
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of R Sánchez
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2003 2:00 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Samsung USB modem

Hi.

Yesterday morning I got my cable instalation and finaly was going to be able
to surf the web properly.

They've installed a Samsung SCM-140 cable modem. Since I didn't have an
ethernet card, they've plugged it via usb port.

The thing goes fine in Windows, but when I booted RH for the first time, the
hardware detector didn't even notice it was there.

I don't know exactly how I have to configure it and havn't found any linux
related stuff on samsung's page.

Could any one spare some time to help me or to give me a hint on where to
find more acurate info?

By the way, I'm running RH 9 on a PIII box. No other problems till now.

Thanks,

Reven