Benjamin J. Weiss wrote:

I offer another way to do it. If you're attempting to use your windows
computer to view an X environment on a linux box, you can use VNC instead.
And it's free.

The nice thing about this is you can leave a session running on your Linux box for weeks, disconnecting and reconnecting at will. I haven't converted my mail filters in Mozilla to procmail yet, so I keep Mozilla running permanently to sort my email into various IMAP folders.

On my setup, I see a memory leak in gnome-panel doing this. Every couple of weeks I kill it, when it gets above 200Mb. :-( It restarts automatically.

Alan