Hi there ..

I just copy-past the test program at the chapter 9 (MySQL APIs the
test_libmysqld.c) and have the "undefined reference to
mysql_server_init" error at that, no problem, i added the declaration at
the program itself, but it still don't work, sometimes is "undefined
reference" other times is "implicit declaration of function" and
sometimes is something like "undeclared function".

I search the MySQL site about "undefined reference" and find an
explanation of the problem ...

The fix for this is to tell your system to search after shared libraries
where the library is located by one of the following methods:
- Add the path to the directory where you have `libmysqlclient.so' the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable.
- Add the path to the directory where you have `libmysqlclient.so' the
LD_LIBRARY environment variable.
- Copy `libmysqlclient.so' to some place that is searched by your
system, like `/lib', and update the shared library information by
executing ldconfig.

Another way to solve this problem is to link your program statically,
with -static, or by removing the dynamic MySQL libraries before linking
your code. In the second case you should be sure that no other programs
are using the dynamic libraries!

I exported, i copied, i ldconfig bot not seams to work at all. I don't
want to use a preprocessor like prec of Just Logic, but if it doesn't
have any other choice them I'll try the MySQL++ so. Can anybody help me,
or tell me about an mail list or forum about MySQL with C/C++.

Thanks.