At 7/8/2003 13:19 -0400, you wrote:
I upgraded the machine to RH 9.0.  Now the email doesn't work.  I keep
receiving (Connection timed out) in the log file.  I set up the sendmail.cf
file with a smart host(Dsmail.mydomain.com) and a masquerade
(Dmmydomain.com).  This is how the previous version was set up.

It is best not to touch the sendmail.cf file directly, but to do your setup via /etc/mail/sendmail.mc. Much easier, too.

It seems like 9.0 is not linking to the mail server as this log entry shows.
 Jul  8 12:59:29 localhost sm-msp-queue[8507]: h68GuCvv008507: to=root,
delay=00:00:00, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=relay, pri=31424, relay=[127.0.0.1],
dsn=4.0.0, stat=Deferred: Connection timed out with [127.0.0.1]

It seems like you are sending mail to root on the Linux box... where does it say that this mail should go to another server?

You should post more information... your sendmail.mc would be wonderful if you had one, but as you said you don't use it. Perhaps you can look at the sendmail.mc and figure out what you would change? Or better yet, recreate your configuration using the sendmail.mc file. I can read an mc, but not a cf.

Also, what is generating these messages, to whom are they supposed to be sent? More detail! Impossible to guess cause from the data given.

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz [EMAIL PROTECTED]