----- Original Message -----
From: "John McKinney" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, July 11, 2003 2:55 AM
Subject: Re: SMTP Blocking on port 25

> On Thu, 10 Jul 2003, Daryl Hunt wrote:
> Daryl,

> I noticed several replies and haven't really been keeping up with the
> thread, but at this point, Yahoo is complaining because your mail
> server 'smtp.colwest.com' does not have a reverse DNS entry.
>

> > I sent messages to my i70west.net and i70west.com accounts successfully
back
> > and forth.  It appears that some type of setting is incorrect that won't
> > allow yahoo.com to recieve it.  And, no, my IP block is not on the bad
boy
> > list considering the i70west.net account sends just fine.  That
precludes a
> > DNS problem.
> >

> Does i70west.net check for a reverse DNS entry? If not, then that would
> explain it. Alot of mail servers use this check to cut down on the spam,
> but still alot of others do not. So you would still be able to send mail
> through the severs that do not check.

i70west.net is on the same ip block and works like a charm.  One ends with
.10 while the other ends in .9.  One is a Win2000 system and the other is
RH.  I have the DNS farmed out to a larger company and the MX seems to be
setup correctly on both.  I will check into this today to try and get the
problem fixed if that is the problem.

Thanks for the pointer.