From: Kelerion [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2003 1:02 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Edit httpd.conf file

*chuckles* I made the exact same assumption with that file after using the GUI and then looking at the file directly... the GUI seems to add a few lines at the beginning of the file..

there is something you can do about it overwriting the file though.. at the end of the file add something like "include 'myhttpsettings.conf'" (that might be the wrong syntax but it's the right idea... the GUI shouldn't get rid of it and then you can (or your boss) edit myhttpsettings.conf without messing around with the main config.. also if it's a different domain he wants to play with then just give him access to vhosts for that particular domain..

hope that helps

cheers
Kel

Mark Haney wrote:

Boy, now I do feel like an idiot. I can definitely say it's been a week's worth of Monday's so far. Apparently in my httpd.conf there's probably 75-100 blank lines at the beginning of the file. So, therefore it looked empty to me. I'd like to apologize for being an moron. Maybe I should RTFM. Either way, editing it by hand does me no good anyway, running the GUI configuration destroys any hand edited changes I might make, so I'll have to do it that way anyway. Maybe I'll teach my boss vi instead.