On Thu, 2003-07-17 at 10:09, pnelson wrote:
> Thanks google had given me that one.
>
> Moving from individually called spamc and the ~/.spamassassin files
> isn't completely obvious.  So here are a couple questions that I have
> left.
>
> When spamass-milter is called from sendmail what configuration files
> does it use.  We were using a user_prefs file which seems like it can
> just go into /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf, is this correct?
>
> How do you use the train Bayesian classifier for a global setup?  It
> seems that the default is more local with ~/.spamassassin.  How do you
> use sa-learn?
>
> Sorry it confusing to me how this works on a global level.  The main
> reason I was looking at this is because I wanted to move over
> white_lists and black_lists then I saw the Bayesian files in my user
> dir.

Thanks to Steve followed your steps and all works well now.  YTM

Took a bit of testing but found that spamd is running as root so it
created a ~/.spamassassin dir and put a template user_prefs file in it
which it uses overiding any values in /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf.
I was able to copy my user_prefs file there in its place and now that
works as the global user_prefs for spamass-milter and sa.  I also copied
my bayes files over there also and it appears to be working well.  So as
long as I can do that I can train it with spam and ham mis-routes.

Again thanks for the help