Gary Stainburn wrote:

On Friday 18 Jul 2003 2:26 pm, Edward Dekkers wrote:

Gary Stainburn wrote:

Hi folks,

I'm thinking of getting my better half a new printer - Epson Stylus C82.

Anyone got any comments about this printer - specifically when connected
to a RH7.3 box

The only comment I can give you is - I LOVE THE PRINTER. Most definately the best inkjet on the market for 'all round' performance. And by god is it ever fast - it seems like a laser at times!!! 22 ppm certainly hoons along and the quality is brilliant!!!

HOWEVER - I honestly don't think this is the printer you want for Linux :(

How well is it supported by the printing system (LPRNG etc)?

I can live with having to boot windows for a status when the ink gets low as it's a dual-boot box (I like playing MSFS - probably the only product I actually appreciate as well done).

The driver exists in CUPS, but I've tried printing to my Epson via Samba and it didn't work, so I can't tell you how good the included driver is.

Regards,
Ed.