Hi everyone
I am experimenting!
What I am doing is installing RH4.1 ( dont have the 4.2) on to a Cyrix
486 - 66 el cheapo
with some generic VGA card ( only has 256k) and a slow cdrom.
A new 2.5Gb WD is the only concession to modernisation as this is an
early VLB machine.
Now ( I am sorry to say) that the try out ( for benchmark purposes) of
Win95 ( the first edition :-)
ran fairly well, and the machine performed surprisingly well. The RH
is not quite the same.
I am using the XFree86_VGA16 server and it is decidely clunky, slow
and poor in color.(well is VGA16, couldnt get any other server to
work)
It does have 16Mb memory and so I would like to see the same ( if not
better ) performance than win95.
So is there a more appropriate server  ( what is that TinyX?) or are
there any tips  top get this up to speed?
Appreciate any comments?
Maybe the best thing here is a cheap vid card upgrade?
But , shouldnt I get the same as MS can get from same hardware?
Phil

--
email at [EMAIL PROTECTED] and at [EMAIL PROTECTED]
This message was sent  using Linux 2.0 power!