With my RedHat 5.0 I did the same thing and from stock it found the card at boot up.
Later I did  some kernel changes and then I had to recompile the kernel with support
for that NE2000
I seem to remember that it was not obvious where to find the NE2000 support in the
ethernet section, but it is there. There may well be something more obvious wrong that
others will point out
Phil

Michael Hatzakis, Jr MD wrote:

> Group:
>
> Well, have the system working well now in Xwindows but want to try to get Ethernet
>services working now...
>
> When I first installed the system, I did not install Ethernet since it could not
>find my NE-2000 clone card...  Two questions:
>
> 1.) Once I have installed the system, can I then later install Ethernet networking ?
>
> 2.) The install program could not autoprobe find my NE-2000 compatible clone card.
>The diagnostic program that came with the card finds the card just fine and it does
>the loopback test also to my main Win95 system, so I believe the hardware is there
>and working...  The diagnostic program also told me that the Base I/O address was
>FF80 and the Interrupt was 11.  Entering these manually, the system still told me it
>found no hardware...
>
> 3.) What do I do now...?  How can I make the system recognize my card ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Michael Hatzakis, Jr MD
> Resident Physiatrist - R3
> Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
> Department of Rehabilitation Medicine
> Philadelphia, PA, 19026
>
> E-Mail Address:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> --

email at [EMAIL PROTECTED] and at [EMAIL PROTECTED]
This message was sent  using Linux 2.0 power!
Where do you want to go tomorrow?