did you enable the vsftp service?
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 8:10 PM
Subject: Rehat 8 - How to Setup FTP Server

Hi,

I'm a linux n00b and I've just installed a fresh server install of Redhat 8.

I see that it installed 2 FTP packages:

-vsftp  (secure/full featured ftp)
-anonftp (anonymous/read only)

So I wanted to get vsftp working, however when I checked in services and tried to start vsftp - it said it required me to enable xinted... however xinetd is already checked and started, I've even tried restarting it yet it will still not let me click the "start" button for vsftp - its greyed out.

I can't find any documention or help or even files when searching the hard drive related to "vsftp"

If anyone has some kind of a user's guide or quick-start manual it would be appreciated.

I'd like to be able to setup user accounts and limit their access to specified directories etc... as well as use SSH FTP and normal FTP connectoins...

Any help appreciated.

Do you Yahoo!?