Greetings Gurus -

I ran into a problem with my 2.0.34 upgrade.  Here is my current setup for
reference:

RH 5.0
2.0.31 kernel
lilo boot off scsi drive (not MBR, first sector of root partition.  Master
boot partition is 100% NTFS)

All steps went as planned up to the step where I have to make the new
initrd image (The docs elude to this since I boot from a scsi drive and I
have an entry for initrd in my lilo.conf file for my existing 2.0.31
kernel)
I executed this command:  /sbin/mkinitrd -v /boot/vmlinuz-2.0.34 2.0.34.
It did some stuff (bound in my scsi adapter module) and a new .img file is
now in my /boot directory. I then modifly my lilo.conf file to do support
my old kernel and 2.0.34 and pointed the 2.0.34 boot at the new initrd
image. I exec /sbin/lilo and all is ok.  When I reboot the system fails
with a kernel panic do to not finding the boot image "or something close to
that message".

I'm at a loss as to what the problem is.  Any help is appreciated.

Scott.