You need to uninstall the rpm and then download a program from the site.
The squirrelmail is a program write in php and perl that use imap to get
users emails. Well done but simply.
You don't need to install nothing else to run it properly, just an imap
+ http + php + perl server

I use apache and just copy the program in a folder and then declare it
as SCRIPT FOLDER in the httpd.conf.... it works fine for me and very
easy.

Read de INSTALL and README instructions then to install the plugins or
anything else. Don't use rpm for this program.. doesn't need an rpm
installation.

Fryclau :)