Hi Cosmo,

> doesn't mention that you can't mirror a mounted partition or address the
> issue of how to set up mirrors w/ production drives that have existing
> data.

 Setting up RAID arrays on a running system works the same as before
installation, but you have to use free partitions. If you want to add a
partition with data to an array you will have to move the data before
proceeding to create the array.

 Have a look at http://www.tldp.org for docs.

> ps: I'm surprised to be informed that one can't mirror a mounted drive.
>   Doesn't a recovery from a failed RAID drive involve replacing a bad
> drive with a good one, and then re-mirroring the new one from an
> existing on-line copy - w/o taking the original off-line?

 The point is that you did not setup the array yet. hda2 is mounted as
hda2, not as part of the array md0. So you need to unmount it, create
the array and then remount the array.

Bye,
Leonard.

--
How clean is a war when you shoot around nukelar waste?
Stop the use of depleted uranium ammo!