Jason Williams staggered into view and mumbled:
> However, I noticed that when I log in (via putty), once I enter my login
> name, it hangs for about 2 seconds...Not long I know, but i've never had
> this happen before with any other RH version.

Once you have logged into the system, how fast does anything you type come up on the
screen?  Is there any lag time
between the time you press a key and the time it comes up on the screen?  Or if you
type a command and press enter, does
it execute right away, or is there a hang at that point also?  It is possible that
either for some reason your
connection chrough Putty is slow, or if the commands are executing immediatly after
you press enter, it's possible that
there is something in your /etc/profile or .bash_profile or even in /etc/profile.d
that may be taking a long time to
execute.

Lorenzo Prince
happy Shrike user ;)
--
We are MicroSoft.  You will be assimilated.  Resistance is futile.
(Attributed to B.G., Gill Bates)