Please bottom post.  My reply below:

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003, Grinberg, Hari wrote:

> Yep!!! I do.

Okay, if I were you, I'd completely uninstall vnc and configuration files.

I have the notes from when I installed tight vnc on my RedHat 8.0 box
(before I upgraded it to 9), but it should work identically on RH 9.
Those installation notes can be found at:

http://www.benjamin.weiss.name/tight-vnc-install.html

Then, to attach to the vnc server from a windows box using ssh to
authenticate and encrypt your session, go to:

http://www.benjamin.weiss.name/putty-tunnel.html

Let me know if that helps.

Ben