>  The card has ISA w/ no jumpers or switches and it is (i
>  believed) a plug
>  and play card.
>
>  It is installed at the time the RH 9 is installed.
>
>  About the driver, Kudzu detect the card at startup and I
>  assumed that it
>  already load the proper drivers like for ex. what kudzu
did on my
>  ethernet card (i might be wrong)...anyway, do you know
what drivers i
>  can use and where to get it...
>
>  I will also try Ed's suggestion to set the BIOS to assign
>  IRQ5 to ISA.

Should not be necessary if the card is plug and play and the
BIOS
is set for a Plug And Play OS (My Asus motherboard BIOS
setups
have such a flag.) Check your BIOS for such a selection on
whatever
screens it has and see if it is set ON/YES/?? to active the
feature.
That will make sure the card gets allocated all the needed
resources by the BIOS
at hard boot time.

Check the messages file after boot and see if Kudzu or the
kernel is dumping
the IRQ/address information for the card into the debug
output, that will
hopefully let you know if the hardware layer is being
properly setup.
There might be  a command (under kudzu) for dumping out
hardware details
as well - a sort of Windows Device Manager looksee.

Your error messages seem to indicate moreover that a
software driver is not available
on the harddrive for the card. Check on Creative's web site
for Linux drivers
for your revision of the OS. You can also look on
sourceforge.