On Wed, 2003-08-13 at 16:54, Stephen Kuhn wrote:
> Why not make use of MenuMaker to create menus for you - they're
> compliable...??

See, now this is just the kind of thing I was looking for.

>From reading the site it looks as though it just finds executables,
right?  This is close, but I'd rather the program look at the
freedesltop.org spec'd locations that RH uses and generate the menus
from that.  Perhaps I'll see if MenuMaker can be easily adapted to do
just that.  Thanks for the tip!

You know, it's too bad that there's a need for this.  Debian solved this
problem ages ago with their debian-menus scripts.  I honestly can't see
how RH/freedesktop.org's solution is any easier.  Oh well, it wouldn't
be called progress if it didn't use XML, right?

> BTW, XFCE4 is in rc2 stage and is definitely nicer on remote connections
> than the others...

Yes, it's great.  I'd rather stick with XFce3 for this release though,
as it has been very thoroughly tested.

Cheers,

Ben