> Hey all,
>
> I have these errors showing up in my logwatch report (regarding postfix):
>

>     SYSERR(root): opendaemonsocket: daemon MTA: cannot bind: Address
> already in use: 22 Time(s)
>     daemon MTA: problem creating SMTP socket: 22 Time(s)
>     DSN: Return receipt: 2 Time(s)
>     SYSERR(root): opendaemonsocket: daemon MTA: server SMTP socket
> wedged: exiting: 2 Time(s)
>     DSN: User unknown: 1 Time(s)
>

> Any ideas what they might be?
>

> The following is possibly a separate problem:
>
> One user (and only one) has been having a great deal of trouble with
> email. The server takes about 20-30 seconds to verify his
> username/password, and then another 20-30 seconds every time it checks
> for email on the server. He is using pop3 to get his email. He is using
> a mac, OS 10.2.6 (not sure about the last digit). It is difficult to
> check what his problems are, as I have many other users all getting
> their email at the same time. I also have other mac users who have
> almost identical systems, and they have no problems.
>
> TIA,
> Bill

It looks like you're trying to run more than one sendmail daemon.  I've
seen similar errors when people run sendmail as a standalone daemon and
also try and call sendmail indirectly from an application like
MailScanner.  I suggest you check all your mail related programs and
verify that you aren't trying to load sendmail multiple times.

Gerry