Nick Lindsell wrote:
On Mon, 2003-08-04 at 13:08, bEEnHeX wrote:

FAT32 partition on physical disk 1 (other than that one with RH 9.0) is not mounted by default also. Please, how to do that?

As root,
#> mkdir /windows { or /mnt/windows or wherever.. }

#> mount -t vfat /dev/hd(x)(y) /windows { where hd(x)(y) is your windows partition (y) on hard drive (x) In my case Windows is on the second partiton of the first drive
so I have /dev/hda2 }

#> ls /windows
Documents and Settings         Program Files
dsl                            Recycled
hp                             shared
hpojtpro                       temp
HP_OminBook_win2K_drivers.exe  Windows Update Setup Files
IA_Installers                  winnt
io.sys                         WUTemp
msdos.sys

Once thats working you can add an entry to /etc/fstab
to automagically mount the windows partion at boot:-

/dev/hda2 /windows vfat defaults 0 0

08/05/03

Hello Nick,

I am also having trouble getting Redhat 9.0 to recognize my Windows Fat16 partitions.

So I did as you suggested and my default user was able to read-only my Fat16 partitions. As /root, I'm able to read, write, and execute.

How do I set it up so that any user can read, write, and execute files on the Fat16 partitions? Don't I have to set permissions in the /etc/fstab file?

Thanks Nick,
Stephen.