Dear List,

I have postfix running on RH9 with SMTPS. It works fine. I layered
iptables onthe box with rules allowing SMTP AUTH (port 113). When I
disable iptables, smtps works perfectly. When I enable iptables, port
113 is closed (?).

My question is:

Does smtps listen on a different port to 113 and therefore I would want
to open it? If so what is that port?

If not, I am maintaining state and my iptables rule is:

# Incoming Remote Client Requests to Local Servers

if [ "$CONNECTION_TRACKING" = "1" ]; then
    iptables -A INPUT  -i $INTERNET -p tcp \
             --sport $UNPRIVPORTS \
             -d $IPADDR --dport 113 \
             -m state --state NEW -j ACCEPT
fi

if [ "$ACCEPT_AUTH" = "1" ]; then
    if [ "$CONNECTION_TRACKING" = "1" ]; then
        iptables -A INPUT  -i $INTERNET -p tcp \
                 --sport $UNPRIVPORTS \
                 -d $IPADDR --dport 113 \
                 -m state --state NEW -j ACCEPT
    fi

    iptables -A INPUT  -i $INTERNET -p tcp \
             --sport $UNPRIVPORTS \
             -d $IPADDR --dport 113 -j ACCEPT

    iptables -A OUTPUT -o $INTERNET -p tcp ! --syn \
             -s $IPADDR --sport 113 \
             --dport $UNPRIVPORTS -j ACCEPT
else
    iptables -A INPUT -i $INTERNET -p tcp \
             --sport $UNPRIVPORTS \
             -d $IPADDR --dport 113 -j REJECT --reject-with tcp-reset
fi