I'm jumping into the middle of this thread, so please forgive if I'm
ignorant of what you've alread discussed, but this "soft" option seems to
be the answer to a problem I periodically have.  How do you specify "soft"
in the /etc/fstab?  For example, I'm currently mounting NFS drives via my
fstab with:

GW2000:/usr             /mnt/GW2000/usr         nfs
GW2000:/home            /mnt/GW2000/home        nfs
GW2000:/mnt             /mnt/GW2000/mnt         nfs

How would I change this to include "soft"?

Thanks!

Bill Johnson

 On Thu, 14 Aug 2003, Rigler, Steve wrote:

> Is your client mounting the NFS exports with the "soft" option?
>
> -Steve

Bill Johnson

"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and
mighty things that thou knowest not."  Jeremiah 33:3