I was wondering if there is a way to fix RPM.

Basically every time I launch an rpm package from an
icon, RH ask for the root password and then while its
processing header files, it just goes away. It
crashes. Same thing when I do it from the terminal.
goes:

# rpm -Uvh foo.rpm
Processing...
#

Nothing happens. Oh and also, I use Synaptic(apt-rpm)
most of the times and that also hangs when its in the
installation part. Since I have uninstalled that, Im
guessing the problem has to do with RPM. Any
suggestion? Thxs.

=====
-Miguel