First off, I have a RAID array where I installed RedHat. I have the
following partitions:

/dev/sda2       as      /
/dev/sda1       as      /boot
/dev/sdb1       as      /newRoot

I have copied the / partition to /newRoot and want to mount /dev/sdb1 as /.
I have tried editing grub.conf to point to /dev/sdb1 and modified /etc/fstab
to change the mount points, but when booting after making the changes I get
the following error:

mount: error 6 mounting ext3
pivotroot: pivot_root (/sysroot,sysroot/initrd) failed: 2
freeing unused kernel memory: 304k freed
kernel panic: no init found. try passing init=option to kernel

Now the new drive is on a Promise SATA controller on the motherboard and I
had to compile the driver within RedHat to get it to work properly. I think
the reason for the error is that the driver for the new controller where /
will be is not compiled into the kernel. Any suggestions on fixing this will
be greatly appreciated.

Chris