On Fri, 2003-08-22 at 11:17, jiang Yi wrote:
> File Manager Nautilas should have as DEFAULTS:
>
> (1)Side-view show up, and show as Tree. Like windows.
>
> (2)Smaller icon needed in View-As-List. Currently all the item icons
> are too big compared to Windows, not convenient for professional work
> where the ability to see more is crucial.

Oh, I also forgot to mention.  This isn't Windows.  Just because YOU
like it a certain way, doesn't mean it's a sane default.  The Gnome
developers have studied HIG guidelines and have found good defaults that
work for most folks.  But they also understand that other people like it
configured in a variety of ways.  That's why it's called an *option*.

</rant>

--
Jason Dixon, RHCE
DixonGroup Consulting