Well, for NO apparent reason AT ALL, RPM is giving me errors while
trying to run... Here are the errors while trying to grep the kernels I
have installed:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# rpm -qa |grep kernel
rpmdb: unable to join the environment
error: db4 error(11) from dbenv->open: Resource temporarily unavailable
error: cannot open Packages index using db3 - Resource temporarily
unavailable (11)
error: cannot open Packages database in /var/lib/rpm

Here is the error I get when I removed the db files from /var/lib/rpm
and tried to rebuild the db:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] rpm]# rpm --rebuilddb
rpmdb: unable to join the environment
error: db4 error(11) from dbenv->open: Resource temporarily unavailable
error: cannot open Packages index

Can anyone assist me with this.

My system is a RH 9 system running the 2.6.0 kernel (RPM was working
after the upgrade too).

Much appreciated!!!

Joe