Yes thanks, that is really very helpful, but I am happy to say that submitting a bug report was the first thing I did. The second thing I did, since I still have no sound was join this mailing list in the hope that someone might be able to give me some pointers on how to resolve this issue, regardless of the fact that it's a beta or not.

Maybe someone out there has more experience or insight into these matters than I do?