Apparently this has been a problem for a long time.  I have a audigy2
soundcard and was getting no sound.  With the newest kernel I started to
get some sound but still no cd unless you copy the tracks to the disk to
be played with the midi player.  So it is a problem that RH has not
addressed and probably won't address or is slow to address in a bug
report beta or not.  Try opensource.creative.com or www.alsa.org for a
solution.  There is a sound list that maybe helpful.  I don't know if
anyone can answer when you don't state the hardware you have. In general
some I think the response you got was a sham for I don't know.