If you go into /usr/src/redhat/SPECS , you will see a file named
<packagename>.spec

In the .spec file, there is a line that details which package it depends
on, at the very least BuildRequires.

If you change those, it should no longer error.

Once you've done that, do an rpm -ba
/usr/src/redhat/SPECS/<packagename>.spec which will rebuild both the srpm
(located in /usr/src/redhat/SRPMS)
and the rpm (located in one of the architecture directories under
/usr/src/redhat/RPMS).

Keep in mind that in Mandrake, the "redhat" directory in the path above is
replaced with RPM, so it may also be different in other distros as well.

Michael

--
Michael Viron
Core Systems Group