Vijaya,
I am not sure what country you are from but if your site has sustained
monetary damages (traceable damages) of $1000.00 or more you should also
that windows server until it has been completely reformatted.  Whether
or not you go with Linux or back to Windows is up to your requirements.
I know that I worked in a place that required we use a Win2K server for
a web site and it eventually got hacked into by some Chinese group.  The
NSA has published an exhaustive booklet on hardening Win2K boxes and I
would recommend downloading that PDF document and going through it...if
you are planning on staying with Win2K.  The biggest difference between
the standard install of server 2K and Linux is that Windows defaults
everything "ON" to make it easier to get up and running while Linux
requires you to turn on what you need to get it running.  The reason
that I say you should not feel comfortable with that existing Win2K
server is because you do not know if a root kit has been installed or
your kernel modified.  You don't know what hidden directories you may
have on there.  For all you know, your corporate server may be serving
out illegal materials - i.e. child porn or warez software - or both.  I
would get another server in place ASAP and take that one down for
careful analysis and choose my fate from there.  A rash decision one way
or the other may land you in a worse predicament down the road.
Hope that helps.
DF