Hello... I have a question for the masses...

I am setting up (finally) a real honest to goodness syslog server (YEAH!!!)...

and anyway, I have my server accepting remote logs, and have my PIX, Ascend racks, and currently ONE server logging to the new syslog server... trouble is, I can not find anything that will explain to me how to segregate logs from each machine..

the end result I want is to have syslog log various things from the clients to their own log files, something like this:

/var/log/PIX/logfile
/var/log/MAX1/logfile
/var/log/MAX2/logfile
/var/log/server1/messages
/var/log/server1/secure
/var/log/server1/maillog
/var/log/server1/httpd

you get the idea...

any ideas on what I need to configure, and HOW to configure the clients and the syslog server to do this??

--
Jeffrey Lane, RHCE
Systems Adminstrator