From: cajun [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2003 1:18 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Samba Help !!! PLEASE !!

teddy wrote:

>Also their is a tool that u can use its one of the packages in
redhat9 its
>real easy to use should be in settings somewhere

SWAT
>>>to help you configure Samba. In my humble opinion SWAT actually
makes
>>>the configuration seem more complicated as it presents you with so
>>>many options that you probably don't need. If you are going to use
>>>web interface to manage Samba you may want to try Webmin
>>>
>>>(http://www.webmin.com). You also may want to check and make sure
>>>that user that you are trying to login as is a Samba user as well
as
>>>a Red Hat user.
>>>
>>>Nick

Hi All,

Just wanted to say thanks for the input to this problem.  I have been
running around all this morning and just got back to where I can start

working on this again.

I have been looking at all the responses and just let me say
THANKS!!!!

Just to let everyone know, yes I have made sure that the user that I
am
trying to use is setup in Samba and as a user on the Linux box.  Using

both the same name and password.  I also went over to my Windoze 2000
PC
and created a user on it with the same name and password.  Still can
not
login either from the Linux side or even see the Linux box on the
Windoze side.

I did not mention this yesterday and I should have, but I am running
also a firewall.  Could my problem be in my firewall settings not
letting something through on the port that it needs to?

I will setup SWAT, and THANKS Craig for the info on setting up SWAT,
and
try it and also setup webmin and see what happens.  I will let
everyone
know how this goes and what I find out.

Thanks again.

Lee Perez