Hello,
I have a strange problem. On my of the server, I export a directory and
specify it as ro. In /etc/fstab:

/home/httpd     client1.domain.name(ro)

On client1.domain.name, as root, I created a directory in /mnt/ and write in
/etc/fstab:

server.phys.utk.edu:/home/httpd   /mnt/server  nfs
rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,intr

As root, if I open the files in /mnt/server, they are in read only mode. But
if I login as myself, they are readable and writable. How can that be?

The uid in the server corresponds with my uid in client1, and so in client1 it
says that I owned all the files in /mnt/server. But since I specify it as
read only in the /etc/exports file in server, I think it should be read only
in client1 no matter who's login, or am I missing something?

Thanks for any help.
RDB
--
Reuben D. Budiardja