On Friday 05 September 2003 03:38 am, Cameron Simpson wrote:
> On 16:15 04 Sep 2003, Reuben D. Budiardja <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> | As root, if I open the files in /mnt/server, they are in read only mode.
> | But if I login as myself, they are readable and writable. How can that
> | be?
>
> Have you checked that they really are writable?
> The permissions will look unchanged. However, any actual attempt to write
> should get met with EROFS "Read Only Filesystem".
> So, in short, have you just looked, or have you tried to write to a file?

Well, shame on me. You're right, I cannot write to it. I tried to open a file,
and usually when it's a read only file, my editor would tell me that. But
it's not the case here, until I actually tried to save it, then it would
fail.
I was concern about it before and not thinking of actually write on it because
the data in there is important and sensitive.

Thanks for the help.
RDB

--
Reuben D. Budiardja