If you are trying to get ALL the updates for your system you should use the -u along with your -d. -d only downloads what you specifically tell it to download. So unless you aren't telling us what you typed, from what you said here, you only typed 'up2date -d httpd'. If you just want the httpd and openssl then type 'up2date -du httpd openssl'. Also, the -d function tells it to just download it and not install it.

Steve