Update your Lilo or Grub config to point to your partition and then make
it write it's values back to the boot record....Or use a gui tool to set
it up...it will handle the rest.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Cosmo Lee
Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2003 9:06 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: How to chage boot up partitions

RH 9 Intel

I've moved my hard drives from the built-in IDE controller to a PCI IDE
card.  What do I change to indicate to the OS to boot from the new
partitions?

Previously, the OS booted from /dev/hda and there were partitions on
/dev/hdb also.  When it boots now, I see it trying to find drives on
hda, hdb, hdc, etc.  Finally it finds the OS stuff on /dev/hde.  Is
there a way to avoid this and indicate to the process to go directly to
/dev/hd?? to boot.

TIA.