On Wed, 2003-09-10 at 19:13, Edward Smith wrote:
>  I started originally in 800x600, then manually
> edited my XF86Config file to shift to 1024x768, but that provided no
> resolution. Is there a setting that can be configured that sets the
> start size for application windows? Nessus is the only app that I've
> noticed behavior on so far, but I suspect there may be more.
>
> One note- I am running Redhat 9 on Virtual PC on a Windows XP box, if
> that makes a difference. I have had a number of problems with the
> display, and am seriously considering starting over and splitting the
> hard drive between XP and Redhat in a dual-boot setup again.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Edward Smith
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hello Edward,

        Is the Virtual PC you talk of VMWare ? If so you should make sure you
are running the vmware tools as these supply the virtual X server you
should use. The virtual machine cannot use your hardware graphics card
so defaults to the minimum i think.

        If it is VMWare and you would like more info please feel free to mail
me off list and i can try to help.

PS. If it is not VMWare, i have no idea lol.

Simon.