Hello again. I added the entry to /etc/fstab,
rebooted, inserted the key drive, then tried mounting
/mnt/jumpdrive, but got the following:

mount: you must specify the filesystem type

I looked on the man page for mount, at the filesystem
types, but didn't see usb. Is there a different name
for it? Thanks again.
John

--- George Nicholls <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Does this help?, just follow the
> instructions below:
>
> 1. Insert the following into fstab (copy from below)
>
> /dev/sda1               /mnt/jumpdrive          auto
> user,noauto,umask=000 0 0
>
> 2. Create /mnt/jumpdrive directory
>
> 3. reboot
>
> 4. insert usb memory stick (key drive)?
>
> 5. in su, mount /mnt/jumpdrive
>
> 6. open /mnt/jumpdrive directory
>
> Good luck
>

> On Fri, 2003-09-12 at 20:59, John Mann wrote:
> > Hello all. I am interested in using a USB key
> drive
> > with my new RH9 system. Can someone tell me the
> > standard way to do this? Also, is there a way to
> have
> > RH9 Linux recognize the drive automatically upon
> > insertion of the drive? The drive is USB 1.1 and
> 2.0
> > compatible, I believe the hardware is 2.0. Thank
> you.
> > John Mann
> >
> > =====
> > "I'd rather be debugging...." - Anon