Whether you use the named address in your ping command or not,it's always
going to ping the numeric address.  The only thing using the name will do
is show you that DNS is working.

Your "esteemed" colleague is, after all, an MCSE.  Unfortunately, I've
only met one or two who could actually speak on routing, etc., in any sort
of coherent manner.

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS
telnet://dogpound2.citadel.org or http://dogpound2.citadel.org:2000

To be notified of updates to the web site, send a message to:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

with a message of:

subscribe