On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 14:26:15 -0400
mark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Friday 19 September 2003 02:06 pm,
> > From: Michael Lee Yohe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >
> > Why are you using a SuSE package?  Instead, simply download
> > Abiword-2.0
> > from Rawhide.
>
> I *do* wish folks would read what others wrote.

Mark,

You're obviously frustrated but I think you should read what
Michael wrote.

> If you noticed, I *also* tried the abiword-gtk* package, and the
> abiword-gnome* package, which I didn't mention. That's three seperate
> packages, and all of them had dependency problems where there should
> not
> have been.

None of those have anything to do with rawhide, which is what
Michael said.   Why haven't you tried the rawhide packages?
Took about 60 seconds to install abiword here.

rpm -ivh abiword-2.0.0-2.i386.rpm  fribidi-0.10.4-3.i386.rpm \
libwpd-0.6.2-1.i386.rpm

> Btw, *if* I read the info at rpmfind correctly, the frbidi0 package is
>
> supposedly only for *development, and shouldn't be needed, only the
> frbidi
> package should be necessary.
>
> And why can't it find libcrypto and libssl?

Perhaps because you're trying to use rpm packages from another
distribution rather than those released from RedHat ?

>       mark, looking for answers to what he asked, not what
>               words someone put into his post

You really need to take your own advice.   Even if Michael had made a
mistake, which he didn't,  a little grattitude for his attempt at
helping you would be in order.

Regards,
Sean