On Mon, Sep 22, 2003 at 07:27:33PM -0500, Mike Vanecek wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 13:03:56 -0600, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote
> Does that mean that the current contents of rawhide which one would expect to
> end up as RH 10 will not?

No, it doesn't mean that.  rawhide is still expected to be (from what
I've heard), the bleeding edge releases.

In effect, you'll go from rawhide -> beta (like severn) -> Fedora, and
from Fedora -> RHEL beta (like taroon) -> RHEL.

> What happens to RedHat Network subscriptions?  Does
> that mean that at the end of the year no more support for RH 9 and no RH 10 to
> replace it with. Fedora is completely separate from RedHat.  ???

Fedora is not completely separate - in fact, I read that Fedora is a
registered trademark of Red Hat now.

There is no technical reason why up2date could not be used to keep
Fedora current, just like up2date is used to keep the current RHEL beta
release (taroon) current.

We'll have to wait and see if that's what happens, but it wouldn't
surprise me to see Red Hat utilize up2date for Fedora releases.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]