On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 00:22:05 -0600, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote
> At 17:37 9/22/2003, you wrote:
> >On the other hand (from a University on a tight budget) I don't fancy forking
> >out for large numbers of RHEL licenses and I'm not sure about running vital
> >services on Fedora.
> >
> >Could mean a move to debian or freebsd for servers.
>
> Why? Personally, I see Fedora as being functionally equivalent to
> RHL 10, and for small servers I would have run 10 without question.
> No reason on Earth for me not to use Fedora for those, since I
> expect to see RH put as much into Fedora as they did into RHL... so
> no loss in functionality or reliability or trustworthiness.
>
> What do you see differently?

Just curious ... Why do you expect that RH will put as much into Fedora as
they did for RHL. It looks more like they are outsourcing that activity and
intend to put their resources into revenue rasising activities. I would expect
less participation from RH with regard to Fedora. I do hope you are correct
because I hate to have to move to another distro after being on RH for so many
years.