Hi Ed,

I had the very same problem a few days back. This is how u get ur mouse
to obey ur hand again.

Find the file /etc/X11/XF86Config
Find the section that looks as follows and replace with the one that is
shown below

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Mouse0"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "Protocol" "PS/2"
        Option          "Device" "/dev/psaux"
        #Option         "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
EndSection

Imp. things to look out for are Protocol has to PS/2 and not IMPS. and the
ZAxisMapping option should be commented.

hope this helps,
rahul.