> Up until Monday Up2Date was free for filling out a questionaire every
> two months.  The $60 provided you with convenience and earlier access to
> binary downloads and free binary downloads of RHEL.
>
> Up2Date Demo was free for 2 months for each installation with a unique
> email address.  At the end of 2 months, one would fill out a
> questionaire to extend the subscription for two more months.  That was
> discontinued this week.
>
> As Alan said, its a good thing to support Red Hat anyway.
>
> Hopefully Fedora will pick it up from there.  To me, it would make sense
> that Fedora picks up the up2date program if for no other reason than to
> attract financial support from those of us willing and able to pay the
> $50 - 60 per year.

Lovely.

I am one of those folks who don't *have* the $60 for the up2date and was
willing to fill out the questionaire.

When you say that it is discontinued, what exactly do you mean?  I was able
to install a program with up2date last night...are the demo accounts going
to expire immediately, or a couple of months?

I guess it's time to learn apt, damnit.

Oh, and btw, my boss just told me that he put on hold our purchase of any
further RH products (including RHAS, which we use as an Oracle9i server)
until things settle down.  Now he's looking at Suse, damnit.

Ben