> On Sun, Oct 05, 2003 at 05:32:38PM -0700, Jim Hayward wrote:
>> On Sun, 2003-10-05 at 15:14, Jeff Wimmer wrote:
>> > So RedHat is dropping the  "end user" version and concentrating on
>> > commercial enterprise based products?  Is that what I'm understanding
>> here?
>>
>> Correct. They are dropping the "end user/consumer" version for the
>> Fedora Project. The only RH "products" will be the RHEL line.
>
> True yesterday, but not today.
> Please refer to http://www.redhat.com/software/workstation/.
> Not much information there yet, but it's coming.

I'm sure you'll correct me if I'm wrong but the workstation version is NOT
equal to the old Redhat Linux.  It sounds like the WS version is missing
all of the server functionality that was in RHL.  It also costs $179USD
which seems high compared to the boxed version of other distros like SuSE.

I'm not saying the WS version is a bad prodcut...it just isn't the same as
the old RHL.

Gerry