AMEN!
        I've installed NW systems for years and they require thought prior
to their installation.  Unfortunately, NT behaves like a slightly glorified
WFW network (doubtlessly one of M$'s most STELLAR examples of coding) with
the performance to match.  Linux requires some detailed knowledge for its
configurations but performs wonderfully for everything I've seen (so far).
I wouldn't want to set it up as a F/P server like I would a NW box, but...
        As for administration, considering how much administration can be
applied to a NW system, their management tools are excellent.  I haven't run
the NW Admin utils on the NT hooks they've got now, but I'd be interested in
hearing (off the list, of course) how well it works (if anyone's doing it).

Done with my $0.02,
Karl