First I wasn't complaining.  Second we will disagree about that because what
this thread is talking about is a compiler change ie 3.0 to 3.2.  A compiler
change should never cause a downward compatible problem.  You could compile
3.2 and it should be compatible to 3.0 but not the reverse.  A OS change
should never have a impact on compiler programs, but a hardware change
should and will have an impact on interfaces and system routines, but these
should be resolved by the linker.  Remember the linker is resolver of all
routines system or otherwise.  Remember that quite often in linux they will
tell you that this build requires version 2.96 and may or may not work with
compiler 3.2 and that is the issue I'm saying needs to be solved.