At 08:57 10/17/2003, you wrote:
I read up on this and it sounded absolutely perfect for me. After a few
problems I finally managed to get it installed, but now I don't know
where its executable is.

I have done a search for a fwbuilder file and looked in all the
application locations I know of, to no avail.

Can someone tell me where the RPM installs itself?

Read the man page for rpm slowly and carefully; there is a ton of power in there that is very useful. Some examples:

# rpm -qi
Information about the package

# rpm -ql
List all files in the package

# rpm -qd
List all documentation files in the package

# rpm -qc
List all configuration files in the package

# rpm -qf /path/to/file
Tells you what package provides that file

In your case, a quick "rpm -ql fwbuilder | more" ought to give you the answer you want.

Also, when I really don't know how or where to find something, I generally update the database used by locate on the fly, then simply use the locate command. For example:

# /etc/cron.daily/slocate.cron
# locate fwbuilder | more

Of course, updating the slocate database takes a few minutes, but it gets the job done. :-)

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz [EMAIL PROTECTED]