With the RH 5.0 "official box set" is a copy of the backup software
BRU2000/Personal Edition.

  I *think* that I properly built/installed a custom kernel (2.0.33) and
ftape 3.04d. However, bru isn't working properly.

  When I tried to do a backup by invoking bru with this line:

        bru -civvvf/dev/zqft0 -b 50k /usr/bin

bru came back with the following:

        bru: [Q120] use device "/dev/zqft0"? [y/n] [default: n] >>

So, I answered, 'y' and pressed Enter. bru then responded with:

        bru [E134] internal error 100 - failed self-consistency & portablility checks

As this is my first attemp to use bru, I don't know if this means that it
was improperly installed, I don't have a proper path or incantation in some
config file or whatever.

Any insight greatly appreciated!

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President